ssh tunneling

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 03:17:16 UTC 2013

Hi.

Not sure if this is the right list, but I'm trying to figure out how
to allow an app running on an external machine to be setup to access a
"port"/app running on another machine through a ssh tunnel...

machine A is the machine running an app located on port 4725
machine A is running sshd, and I can ssh into it

machine B is the client machine, running a test app that wants to
connect to port 4725 via the foo app.
machine b can ssh into machine A by doing ssh fuser at 1.2.3.4 and giving
the password

when foo runs on machine B, it's looking to connect to port 4725, so
I'm trying to figure out how to allow port 4725 from machine A to be
forwarded through to port 4725 in machine B...

any pointers would be useful

thanks