strange issue with notify-send

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 07:50:14 UTC 2013

On 12.09.2013 03:01, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> Thanks, Dale. xrandr reports the following:
>
> randr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
> Screen 0: minimum 1920 x 1080, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 1920 x 1080
> default connected 1920x1080+0+0 0mm x 0mm
>    1920x1080       0.0*
>
> So, I suspect that it is correct? Not sure what the gamma stuff is: I
> am running on a Dell XPS13.
>
> I must say that this issue of notifications using notify-send "going
> overboard" started with recent upgrades. I don't recall this as a
> problem in the month before the past 2-3 weeks that I have had this
> machine (I have had it since mid-July).
>
> Can anyone else verify that if they have libnotify (the vanilla
> one, not the one from xfce, etc, such as xfce4-notifyd) installed and
> they run the notify-send command, they get the correct popup display.
> (Try it a few times.).

What the heck, Openbox 3.5.2 & notify-send 0.7.5 workin OK. :)

BTW GNOME's *libnotify* - a *library* for sending desktop notifications
to a notification daemon and *Xfce4-notifyd* - a simple,
visually-appealing notification *daemon* for Xfce are not the same
category. :)

poma

libnotify-0.7.5-5.fc19.x86_64
xfce4-notifyd-0.2.4-1.fc19.x86_64