Thunderbird text color -

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 12 19:56:32 UTC 2013

hello bob,

On 09/12/2013 10:53 AM, Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> I view Thunderbird meswsages on a black background with white text,
> works well for my vision problems, however T-bird displays quoted text,
> e.g. joe at xxx.com, in dark blue which I can't read unless highlighted
> using a hand magnifier! Does anyone know how to change that color? I
> would be happy if everything was displayed in bold white text, the
> colors are without benefit "to me anyway."

open this mozilla site, page;

   http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries

[all following is using firefox browser]

make note of 1st paragraph then press <ctrl+f>, enter;

    Find:  _color

to start from "Browser", pressing <F3> to advance to each of settings;

   browser.active_color
   browser.anchor_color
   browser.display.background_color
   browser.visited_color

and making note of settings;

after above, enter;

    Find:  browser.underline_anchors

with understanding of each "Preference Name", in thunderbird, from menu bar;

    Edit > Preferences > Advanced > General > Config Editor > make promise

in about:config window;

    Find:  _color

make appropriate changes, then:

    Find:  browser.underline_anchors

note:  white = #FFFFFF, black = #000000

make appropriate changes. close about:config and preferences windows. done.

check to see if i know "wth" i am talking about.

any questions, problems, i missed something, ask.

hth.

--

peace out.

sl6.3 linux