Thunderbird text color -

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 12 23:20:52 UTC 2013

On 09/12/2013 05:34 PM, Doug wrote:
<>

> OK, I'm asking:  what does Mozilla call the test of the original message
> as it appears in the reply window?

in the _compose_ window, it is 'quoted text'.

> there are a number of things under "editor" in the config protocol,

that is "config editor", aka, "about:config" window.

 > so which one should I change? (Just to make sure we are on the same page,
the text
> above this, which includes my original post and your reply, "in a
> similar process, etc." is in blue.)

are you meaning all the quoted text, or just parts of the text?

if you want all text in black, you need to create a file for your profile
directories "chrome" directory with a name of "usersContent.css".

this is what i have in mine;

   /* replace colored bars with ">" */
   .moz-text-plain blockquote[type=cite]
      {border: none !important; padding: 0 !important;}

   /* Quoted text in plain-text replies */
   span[_moz_quote=true] {color: black;}

   #removeAllSignons {display: none !important;}

that should set you 'smoking old gold'. and i mean the cigarettes of years
past. not 'smoking gold' of today. ;=)

for information about chrome files and what goes into them;

http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-release/source/browser/themes/windows/devtools/widgets.css
   http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css
   http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css_Element_Names/IDs
   http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserContent.css

http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-release/source/browser/themes/windows/devtools/common.css?raw=1

i have plenty of mozilla bookmarks for various settings. if there are others,
please start a new thread. this one is getting long enough as it is and we
do not need to confuse things more. ;=)

--

peace out.

sl6.3 linux