Thunderbird text color -

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 13 02:42:18 UTC 2013

On 09/12/2013 08:04 PM, Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
<>

> Yes that is my problem, I can't find whatever it is that controls the
> "link name" color, it is dark blue against the black background that I
> use and essentially invisible unless I high light it which is inconvenient.

something/someone has gotten in you thunderbird about:config settings?

> As for the "21" items under "mail" I tried changing each Blue entry to
> 00 as I said earlier, to which you took exception.

if you would make changes completely as i have posted in past, you would
have what you want.

you need to change *all* to *FF* to get *white*. no, you are taking exception
and changing what _you_ want to change and not what i tell you to change.

setting a color at FF sets it to it's highest level of view. setting a color
to 00 removes it from view.

to view black, all colors are turned full off with 000000.

to view white, all colors are turned full on with FFFFFF.

 > I suspect that as Dave mentioned it may be something we have to add,
 > but what and how?

if you have what i list below, you need to add nothing.

> What do they call the link name?

anchor, link, and visited.

> browser.underline_anchors has only two options, true or false. It is set
> to true.

correct, as it is boolean and can only be true or false. as should be.

> browser.anchor_color accepts hex color codes. I set it to white but does
> not affect the color of the "link name."

that is anchor color, leave at #FFFFFF for *white*.

> browser.underline_anchors has nothing to do with the color of quoted
> links, it just controls the underline I assume.

correct. correct. should be true to underline links.

*so, one more time*, for _all_ text to be *white* on a *black* background:

   browser.active_color                    #FFFFFF
   browser.anchor_color                    #FFFFFF
   browser.display.background_color        #000000
   browser.display.focus_background_color  #000000
   browser.display.focus_text_color        #FFFFFF
   browser.display.foreground_color        #FFFFFF
   browser.visited_color                   #FFFFFF

   editor.active_link_color                #FFFFFF
   editor.background_color                 #000000
   editor.followed_link_color              #FFFFFF
   editor.link_color                       #FFFFFF
   editor.text_color                       #FFFFFF

   mail.citation_color                     #FFFFFF

   msgcompose.background_color             #000000
   msgcompose.text_color                   #FFFFFF

see the commonality of above?

after making above changes, close about:config window, close preferences
window, close thunderbird window. sing 5 verses of "happy birthday bob".

open thunderbird, open an email, should be _all_white_text_ on
_all_black_background_. press <ctrl+r>, compose window should be
_all_white_text_ on _all_black_background_.

if not, open about:config to see what settings have changed and reset
them to above. after making above changes, close about:config window,
close preferences window, select;

    Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled

accept prompts to close thunderbird window. sing 5 verses of "happy
birthday bob".

open thunderbird, open an email, should be _all_white_text_ on
_all_black_background_. press <ctrl+r>, compose window should be
_all_white_text_ on _all_black_background_.

if not, you have something very, very wrong and you need to try a
different desktop environment.

--

peace out.

sl6.3 linux