installiing joomla

Martin S shieldfire at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 05:54:30 UTC 2013

I'm trying to set up Joomla on my laptop to play around with a site I'm
planning. However SELinux seems to block write access for the installation
routine to the direcotry /var/www/html and none of the solutions I've found by
googling to allow SELinux httpd write access seems to work (installation hangs
immediately).

setenforce 0 deosn't have any effect either as far as I can tell, as I still
can't install Joomla.

Anyone successfully installed Joomla 3 on Fedora 19 please can tell how I
should proceed?