Weird problem if printing page ranges of pdf files in F19 by acroread/evince

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Sep 13 11:44:43 UTC 2013

Joachim Backes wrote:

> I have the following problem with printing page ranges of pdf files to
> my laser printer (samsung ml-1660) using acroread or evince:
>
> Only the first page of the range is printed, the rest of pages is
> missing. The same happens if I try to print the whole pdf file (only
> page #1 is printed).
>
> No such effect if I print to a cups-pdf printer (all pages printed)
>
> Or no such effect if using the lp command together with -P option (page
> range): all desired pages are printed flawlessly.
>
> I have no idea since which date this happens.

I made a note of the following suggestion someone posted last month:
----------------------------
Send the font information for each page in the PDF file when you print.

For Adobe Acrobat Professional 9:

    Choose File > Print.
    Click on Advanced.
    Choose Postcript Options.
    Under Font and Resource Policy, select Send for Each Page.

In Adobe Reader 9:

    Choose File > Print.
    Click on Advanced.

--