Thunderbird text color -

Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Sep 13 15:38:04 UTC 2013

Ahmad Samir wrote:

> On 12 September 2013 17:53, Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA
> <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>

>     I view Thunderbird meswsages on a black background with white
>     text, works well for my vision problems, however T-bird displays
>     quoted text, e.g. joe at xxx.com, in dark blue which I can't read
>     unless highlighted using a hand magnifier! Does anyone know how to
>     change that color? I would be happy if everything was displayed in
>     bold white text, the colors are without benefit "to me anyway."
>
>     Bob
>

> Create a folder named chrome under ~/.thunderbird/<PROFILE_NAME>/;
> inside chrome create a text file named userContent.css and put this
> text in it:
>
> @namespace url("http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml");
> a {
>     color: white !important;}
>

> if you want to make links white and bold:
> a {
>     color: white !important;
>     font-weight: bold !important;}
>

> then restart Thunderbird for the changes to take effect.
>
>     --
>
>     http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
>
>     box10   Fedora-19 Linux/XFCE
>
>     --
>

> --
> Ahmad Samir

I created:

[bobg at box10 ~]$ cat .thunderbird/chrome
#
#    /home/bobg/.thunderbird/chrome

# @namespace url("http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml");
# a {
#    color: white !important;}

# if you want to make links white and bold:
a {
     color: white !important;
     font-weight: bold !important;}

Which I believe is what you were suggesting I do? Restarted Thunderbird,
even tried rebooting the computer, but still have dark blue links
displayed on a black background.

I also tried adding that to seamonkey with no change.

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box10   Fedora-19 Linux/XFCE