video accel F19 on Acer Aspire One D255E netbook, lack thereof. [solved, sort of]

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Sep 13 21:28:35 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:05:00PM +0200, poma wrote:
> On 13.09.2013 21:17, Fred Smith wrote:
>
> > Senior Moment?????  :(
> >

> Still no versions from you.

OK, here's a version number for you:

The Acer system WORKS FINE with a version whose HELP/ABOUT screen contains:
	GoogleEarth 5.2.1.1586
	Linux (3.10.10.0)

The one that DOES NOT work (properly) on that system is whatever Google
is now distributing as LATEST for Linux. I no longer have it installed,
and the RPM file name does not contain a version number. it's named
"google-earth-stable_current.i386.rpm". However, yumex says it's version
7.1.1.1888-0.

The Asus system is older and has a version of google earth that was
new somewhere over a year ago, and it also works fine as-is. I have
not tried the new one on it.