Fedora 19 & User Locale

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 13:21:13 UTC 2013

On 09/14/2013 03:46 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> You need to use: localectl
> localectl --help
> should get you started

Hi Frank,

Yes, I know about that command but that's mainly to change it
system-wide.  I already specified the locale in the new location,
/etc/locale.conf, therefore all users should get that (like it used to
be in the past with /etc/sysconfig/i18n).

I can change the LANG variable thru ~/.bashrc for the user but that only
affects the bash session.  If I create some folders or files thru
Nautilus they're still encoded as UTF-8 (regardless of my setting in
.bashrc).

I'll open a bugzilla.

Thanks,
Jorge