GNOME Classic & Extensions

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 17:43:56 UTC 2013

On 09/14/2013 01:31 PM, Xinyun Zhou wrote:
> Well, if you are looking for something like the old days, why don't just
> use gnome 2 based desktops like MATE, which may save you a lot of time
> to find the features you want and make them work.

I did install MATE (just to try it) and loved it (felt incredibly like
home) but I don't want to live in the past forever :)  I want to give
GNOME 3 a try, albeit with the Classic Mode (just as a transition),
hoping GNOME Shell gets better because, as of now, I really don't like
it.   In Classic Mode, even though there are traditional elements,
there's plenty of new stuff to deal with.   Who knows, maybe in the
future the default will be a hybrid between GNOME Shell & Classic...

--
Jorge