WHY !!! ?

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 16 12:26:45 UTC 2013

hello all,

On 09/16/2013 06:57 AM, Ian Malone wrote:
> On 16 September 2013 12:34, Patrick Lists <fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> On 09/16/2013 01:04 PM, Tim wrote:
>>>
>>> Sam Varshavchik:

>>> Jim:

>>> Well, there's your problem, then... (quite probably, highly likely).
>>> And, regarding an older message, being "new" is no guarantee of being
>>> good.
>>
>> Afaik if you unmount it in Nautilus (Gnome Desktop) in the left column by
>> clicking on the kinda downwards pointing arrow tip next to its name then it
>> flushes data before unmounting. You can also use the 'sync' command on the
>> cli (do it multiple times in a row just to make sure).
>
> I'm a bit paranoid about this now as I have previously had damaged
> flash drives and those with LEDs have occasionally continued
> indicating data transfer after the gui has reported it's safe to
> unmount.

i use KDE 4.3.3 and Disk Utility 2.30.1 for mount/unmount of usb memory.

Disk Utility has a "Mount Volume/Unmount Volume" and a "Safe Removal"
selection, described as "Power down the drive so it can be removed".

works very well as 3 sub memory stick are working with out problems for
now well over a year.

maybe op can install it and use it under gnome and end his worries.

--

peace out.

sl6.3 linux

tc.hago.