[Spice-devel] More on virt-viewer for windows

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Tue Sep 17 17:27:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

Still hoping someone takes my test results and fix the windows port. ;-)

I configured my host to accept remote tcp libvirtd connections, once
with sasl security and the seccond time without any security. Both
setups were validated by a linux client, who could connect using virsh
and virt-manager without problem. Bu then the windows port fails with
the same error message it displayed when using TLS certificates:

C:\Program Files\VirtViewer\bin>virsh -c qemu+tcp://kvmhost/system
error: Unable to set close-on-exec flag: Success
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

It looks there is a basic network client code error on the windows port,
as using different authentication schemes do not make a difference. :-(

If someone wants, I can generate libvirt debug logs and Proccess Monitor
logs for those cases, but I guess they'd show more or less the same
things as the TLS test I already sent.

[]s, Fernando Lozano