Printer discovery broken after "server" upgraded to Fedora 19

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 13:25:10 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 08:17:10 -0500
> Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'll try cups-filters next but it just seems wrong I should need
> > this for a basic home setup (flat network).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Richard
>
> Is the printer still shared?
> have you system-config-printer
> installed on your wifes laptop?

Yes to both. The printers seem to be shared by default. I've also tried
deleting the queues and re-adding them because looking at the cups error
log said something about a problem with having duplicate names (dnsd or
avahi related).

I have nss-mdns installed on both and the cups-browsed service enabled on
my F19 server (not available on F18)

Richard