F19 Cinnamon Desktop

Georg Hess georghesss at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 18 15:40:13 UTC 2013

Hello alltogether,

I'm facing an oddity with the Cinnamon Desktop:
I set up a new machine running on Fedora 19 yesterday and installed the
Cinnamon Desktop via
'yum groupinstall cinnamon-desktop-environment'
and it installed all correctly.
So much for the good part.

Today I tried to 'yum update' and got the warning:
Warning: Environment Group cinnamon-desktop-environment does not exist.

So I tried
[root at myMachine tmp]# yum groupinfo cinnamon-desktop-environment
Loaded plugins: langpacks

Environment Group: Cinnamon Desktop
  Environment-Id: cinnamon-desktop-environment
advanced features, easy to use, powerful and flexible.
  Mandatory Groups:
     base-x
     cinnamon-desktop
     core
     dial-up
     fonts
     guest-desktop-agents
     hardware-support
     input-methods
     multimedia
     printing
     standard
  Optional Groups:
    +3d-printing
    +libreoffice

but on the other hand I got:

[root at myMachine tmp]# yum groupinstall "Cinnamon Desktop"
Loaded plugins: langpacks
Warning: environment Cinnamon Desktop does not exist.
No packages in any requested group available to install or update

and

[root at myMachine tmp]# yum groupinstall cinnamon-desktop-environment
Loaded plugins: langpacks
Warning: environment cinnamon-desktop-environment does not exist.
No packages in any requested group available to install or update

So now I'm slightly confused about this.
Google says nothing yet and there is nothing about this in the
release-notes of F19.

Thank you in advance and Greetings

--
Georg Hess