firewalld equivalent of iptabled --sport?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 13:40:32 UTC 2013

I have a HDHomeRun (network based TV tuner) on my home network. In order to
get it to work I had to add the following to my iptables config:

-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --sport 5002 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --sport 5004 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --sport 65001 -j ACCEPT

Which from my limited knowledge of how iptables work, is the opposite of
what you usually do for most services (--dport) because in this case the
the return port is random.

I have not been able to find any setting in firewall-config or in the
documentation that mentions source ports, only destination ports.

If this is not possible it would appear to be a fairly large flaw in
firewalld in general.

Thanks,
Richard