External USB3.0 HDD not working on Intel H87 (C2)

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 14:44:30 UTC 2013

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:35:46 -0400
Tom Horsley wrote:

> B. Boot off a live CD some utterly different linux version
>    (knoppix is always good) and see if it can see it. If it
>    can, there whatever is going on is strictly a software

I was gonna say "software issue" but must have accidentally
hit some key that meant "send" :-).

Anyway, "C" may be more important:

C. Check the manufacturers web site for your USB drive
to see if they have a firmware update for the drive itself.

I had two different USB drives and one worked and one
didn't on my new motherboard till I found someone mentioning
a drive firmware update and found it fixed my problem.