Unable to login occasionally

Les Howell hlhowell at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 20 19:55:35 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,
	Don't groan because its me again;-)

	System information:
	7.8 GiB
	AMD Phenom II X6 1035T Processor x 6
	OS type 64 bit Fedora 19
	Gallium 0.4 on AMD JUNIPER
	GNOME version 3.8.4
	disk 483.6 GB

After reboot, if I don't immediately log in, the clock screen shows up.
and when I attempt to login, I get the up arrows, but nothing else
happens.    I have tried using the mouse buttons, the return key, and
all the function keys, but that is the only response.

The only way I can get control of the system again is to power off and
reboot or reset.  I usually try reset first.  Most times that works, but
occasionally I forget and hold the power button down too long (my system
doesn't have a separate reset button).

I don't think this is good for the system, the disks and is certainly
irksome.  Any solutions?  I did check bugzilla and look on line, but
couldn't find the same issues.

My system is up to date as of last night, but I rebooted before I went
to bed, and had the problem this morning again.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Regards,
Les H