yum repo help needed

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri Sep 20 21:47:40 UTC 2013

Btw, I do wonder why this laptop will not install past F14....what is
the problem?

Ranjan

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 14:39:48 -0700 Rick Stevens <ricks at alldigital.com>
wrote:

> On 09/20/2013 01:59 PM, Mike Wright issued this missive:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have an very old and cranky laptop that won't install past f14, used
> > mostly as a scanner/print station.
> >
> > I'm trying to update some of its software using yum.  I created a repo,
> > fedora-archive.repo:
> >
> > [archive]
> > name=Fedora 14 - i386
> > failovermethod=priority
> > baseurl=http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/14/Fedora/i386/os/
> >
> > enabled=1
> > metadata_expire=7d
> > gpgcheck=1
> >
> > Given this command:
> >
> >    yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=fedora-archive.repo update -y
>
> I think that should be "--enablerepo=archive" (name of the archive,
> not the name of the repo file).
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use
appropriate addresses.