Rescue Disk

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 22:11:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 06:03:48PM -0400, Robert McBroom wrote:
> Do any of the spins have a rescue mode in the trouble shooting menu?  The
> KDE Spin does not.  I do not see a rescue .iso disk in the mirrors.  I've
> scrambled grub2 on my boot partition.

The Live disk is a completely functional Linux system.  It is much more
than a rescue disk ;).  Just boot the live system, and `su -', and start
troubleshooting.

For your particular grub problem, after the su, you can simply do grub
install on the boot partition from your live system.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu