Ananconda on 19

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Sep 21 15:16:45 UTC 2013

Am 21.09.2013 17:10, schrieb Phil Dobbin:
> On 09/21/2013 03:55 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> Can you point us in the right direction? :)
>>> It's not so clear what and with what you want to do install
>>
>> what is not clear in "Anaconda"?
>> it's the Fedora installer
>>
>> well, with F18 the whole thing was rewritten and hase a
>> complete different UI - look on the whole screen for
>> possible switches to display extended options
>>
>> there is for sure somewhere manual partitioning
>>
>> luckily never faced Anaconda past F14 - god save yum upgrades
>>

> Most of the manual options are greyed out & are pretty useless

AFAIK you need to answer a few questions in the installer to
get different options enabled - no idea what all the developers
talking about modern human interfaces are smoking

> I suppose I could re-install 17 & upgrade via yum to 18 then 19
> from there but it's a hell of way to do things IMO

would be a solution

> I suppose the netinstall is the way to go...

you can also make a minimal install with the DVD and so following dist-upgrades
with yum are tiny and fast - i had to do this somewhere around F17 because
the F17 installer insisted in GPT crap and di not allow me to manually
specify teh 3 RAID paritions i wanted - after it was solved i found somewhere
the kernel-param to disable the GPT nonsense nobody needs on 1 TB drives

if you completly want to delete the existing CentOS boot the LiveCD and
opena tmerinal "su -" -> "yum install gparted" -> make the partitioning
at your own - i am working this way for more than 10 years because i
never trusted *nay* os-installer enough to play around with my
partitions except on blank machines