3.11.1-200 kernel and nvidia drivers

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Tue Sep 24 13:57:29 UTC 2013

On 09/24/2013 08:17 AM, Martin Airs wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 Sep 2013 07:26:26 Stephen Berg wrote:
>> I'm trying to get the drivers from geforce.com to compile with the
>> 3.11.1-200 kernel and they are just not cooperating. Anyone know of a
>> patch, tweak, magic enchantment or whatever that will get this done?
> download and yum update the patched akmod-nvidia, from this thread on fedora
> forums, http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=294091
>
> then on reboot it should build a working kmod for your nvidia card.
>
> Martin

I had found that thread just before you replied and so far so good. I
have a good nvidia module built and loaded, the GUI is back.  Now I have
to figure out why my gnome environment won't start.  I'm not sure if
they're related but the nvidia module problem and this gnome problem
both started happening at the same time.

I have KDE to use for the time being, but I've gotten used to gnome3 and
gnome-shell, don't really want to give up on it.

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil