Is there a Fedora equivalent to Ubuntu's Linux-Image-Virtual kernel?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Sep 24 15:42:28 UTC 2013

Am 24.09.2013 17:37, schrieb Fernando Cassia:
> Is there a virtualized guest kernel for Fedora as there is Linux-Image-Virtual for Ubuntu?
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/257416/what-are-practical-advantages-of-using-linux-image-virtual-kernel

no

it's not worth the maintaince burden because the only
difference is the install size - kernel drivers are
modules and not loaded

loaded modules froma production server (exluded iptables because
they are unusual high here due our FW rules)

vmw_balloon            13415  0
vmxnet3                49572  0
vmw_vmci               61726  0
crc32_pclmul           13113  0
crc32c_intel           22079  0
ghash_clmulni_intel    13259  0
vmw_pvscsi             22858  7

crc32_pclmul, crc32c_intel and ghash_clmulni_intel are Intel AES-NI releated