no operating system found error

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 18:10:23 UTC 2013

On 25/09/13 18:40, Jan Litwiński wrote:
> Dnia 2013-09-25, o godz. 18:19:06
> Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat at gmail.com> napisał(a):
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been using Fedora 19 quite happily for a while now but today
>> when I booted her I got an error message along the lines of '62: No
>> operating system found' & she refused to boot.
>>
>> I'm guessing it's a Grub problem but I've no clue as to go about
>> doing requisite repair work, even after spending an hour Googling the
>> problem.
>>
>> If anybody could help me out, I'd be eternally grateful.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>>      Phil...
>>
> boot from Fedora DVD or CD, select Troubleshoot, then select Rescue
> installed system, when booted enter following commends:
>
> chroot /mnt/sysimage
> grub2-install /dev/sda
> grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

Thanks, Jan. I'll save that for further reference as when I just booted
it to insert Knoppix/SystemRescue it booted normally, much to my surprise.

I think I'll run memtest though just in case.

Thanks for your help,

      Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
Arch Linux, CentOS 5.9 & 6.4, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Spherical & That Damn Cat, Lubuntu 12.10, OS X Snow Leopard & Tiger, Ubuntu Quantal, Raring & Saucy