Kernel 3.11 and VMware 9 -

Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Sep 25 19:43:10 UTC 2013

On 25/09/13 13:55, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 25.09.2013 18:31, schrieb Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA:
>> >Where can I find a patch to permit running VMware Workstation 9 with the most recent Fedora-19 Kernel? My effort
>> >with Google produced nothing I had confidence in. The VMware app. is convenient to use as well as expensive but I'm
>> >beginning to think it's not a good choice for those of us running Fedora. In the normal progression of updates
>> >kernel 3.10 will eventually fall off the list ...
> why do you ask the same question again already answered a few weeks ago?

Because we are dealing with 3.11 now, that you understand.  The patch
you suggested for 3.10 works fine but all I could find is this Slackware
patch and I wasn't certain it was applicable to fedora-19/64 bit,
apparently you are saying it is? Good!

However I have not found how to download the patch and I'm stuck there.
If you can explain how to do that I will install it.

Thank you,

Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD