FC18 - Libreoffice keeps crashing

Paul Erickson va7nt at telus.net
Wed Sep 25 20:58:05 UTC 2013

For some reason whenever I try to configure Libreoffice, for instance to
change the default language setting, or try to change the font in a
document, Libreoffice keeps crashing. I get the following error message:

Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0".
Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve
property `GtkOptionMenu::indicator-size' of type `GtkRequisition' from
rc file value "0" of type `glong'
Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve
property `GtkOptionMenu::indicator-spacing' of type `GtkBorder' from rc
file value "0" of type `glong'

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without success.

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, how have you resolved it?

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt at telus.net

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates it's warriors from it's scholars will have
it's thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools"
- Thucydides - The Pelopenisia

"The Malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the virtuous."
- Churchill