Printing of colour pages from adobe reader comes out greyscale

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 16:25:12 UTC 2013

On 27/09/13 11:54, Mihai T. Lazarescu wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 11:37:26AM +0200, Erik P. Olsen wrote:

>>> Have you checked printer settings in Adobe reader?
>>> AFAIK each program can use different settings.
>>>
>> I don't see any printer settings that I can change. I only see print
>> properties in the print dialogue as:
>>
>> lpr -P Colour -o PageSize=A4 -o PageRegion=A4 -o Duplex=None -o
>> InputSlot=Auto -o ColorModel=RGB -o MediaType=Automatic -o
>> OutputMode=Normal -o OptionDuplex=False
>>
>> And that I can't change, AFAIK.
>
> I mean steps 4 and 5 here:
>
>      http://acps.aub.edu.lb/mod/book/view.php?id=493&chapterid=834
>
> However, if I select "Custom" as printer name I can set the
> command to print with (lp ...), which is editable.  But I
> never use that, I use one of the printers I have defined and
> steps 4&5 above and change their settings as I see fit.
>
> Do you have any printers defined?  I.e., you see any in the
> list on right of "Name:" in the box "Printer" in print dialog --
> step 3 here:
>
>      http://smallbusiness.chron.com/adjust-adobe-reader-printer-settings-59054.html

Thanks for your advice but none of the parameters I changed solved the problem.

I took the command Adobe reader is supposed to use and ran it as command line
and it worked correctly. My conclusion is that this is an Adobe reader bug. In
fact the command: lpr -P Colour <pdf-file> is enough to print the file correctly.

--
Erik