Problems booting Fedora 19 with UEFI

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 13:44:35 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 6:15 AM, Edward Quick <edwardquick at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you TC, that was spot on!

No problem; glad it's working for you now!

> I was trying to install fedora with a usb
> created from unetbootin. The usb created by liveusb-creator booted fine
> though and now I can see Windows in the grub menu.

Yeah, the unetbootin folks are primarily concerned with Ubuntu so
Fedora installs made with it tend to break from time to time.  I
reported it to them so they can fix it for other folks in the future:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unetbootin/+bug/1232455

> Oddly (and not a major
> issue), I can only boot Windows if secure mode is off. Fedora boots fine if
> secure mode is on or off.

That's rather ironic.  :-D

-T.C.