Accessing usb in text

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Sep 26 20:29:46 UTC 2013

Am 26.09.2013 05:48, schrieb Richard Vickery:
> On Sep 25, 2013 2:44 PM, "Joe Zeff" <joe at zeff.us <mailto:joe at zeff.us>> wrote:
>>
>> On 09/24/2013 09:32 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:
>>>
>>> I believe that I would need access to the computer's OS tomove to a CLI
>>>

>> At boot, edit the kernel line in Grub, adding a 3 to the end.  This will boot you into a CLI one time.
>>
> I forget how to edit Grub: I thought editing was in /boot/grub and tried to vi grub.cfg finding an empty page...

besides what Joe meant was at the *boot menu* selecting the entry and press "e"
"/boot/grub" is *before* switch to GRUB2 with F17

/boot/grub2/grub.cfg

that's why "vi /boo<TAB>gr<TAB><TAB<TAB>" does auto-completion

https://www.google.at/search?q=fedora+grub+config
first hit: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GRUB_2