Accessing usb in text

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 20:17:38 UTC 2013

On Sep 26, 2013 9:38 PM, "Tim" <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Allegedly, on or about 25 September 2013, Richard Vickery sent:
> > I forget how to edit Grub: I thought editing was in /boot/grub and
> > tried to vi grub.cfg finding an empty page...
>
> That was the old version.  Now, the /etc/default/grub file,
> and /etc/grub.d/ files are used for generating the grub config file.
>
> But that wasn't what Joe was talking about.  Rather than edit the
> configuration files, he suggested temporarily changing the options that
> grub will use as it boots.  Start booting, pick a kernel to boot from,
> but choose the edit rather than boot option.

/cut

I'm not at the computer, but I am sure that I don't get to see that option.
I believe the kernels to boot into comes up before the encription password.
Given this, I will give it a try when I have it.

I don't bring it with me anymore as it is hard to navigate without X. I do
like the idea as I learn to navigate in text given that it is extremely
challenging being so used to X, but it becomes rather useless since I
forget much because of disuse.

Something someone in Development ought to create is the ability to
multitask in the text environment.

Thanks for the tips,

Richard