Is it irrelevant what users of FOSS think? (Re: Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, "Why?"))

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 04:42:23 UTC 2014

Hi

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:24 PM, Robin Laing  wrote:

> When a feature that is used is broken, even to the point an application
> crashes, and the fix requires the new version, then it is in issue in the
> usability of Fedora.  This has been my biggest complaint over the years.  I
> am finding this with some applications on F20 that I have used in the past.
>  In some cases, it isn't even a full version update but a 0.1 update that
> is refused.

Did you file any bug report?  Example?  In any case, changing the update
policy is not going to fix this.  There is nothing in the update policy
that prevents a maintainer from pushing a point release that fixes a bug.
It could be resource shortage issue but a policy will never force volunteer
maintainers.  It can only set guidelines that communicate expectations.

Rahul