NAS not detected

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Apr 1 20:12:20 UTC 2014

On 04/01/2014 01:04 PM, Raf Roger issued this missive:
> Hi,
>
> i have a NAS at home and my laptop does not find it when i open : Browse
> Network
> laptop (running F20) and NAS (running Ubuntu 10 server) are both in the
> same network.
>
> So where could be the problem ?

Several things are possible. Some are:

1. You have a firewall blocking the NAS device (on either the server or
client or both). This is probably most likely.

2. You don't have CIFS browsing enabled (ignore if you're not using
CIFS).

3. You don't have the avahi system set up or enabled (Bonjour or
Rendezvous).
-      Batteries not included.  Offer not valid in some states.      -
-           Your mileage may vary.  Void where prohibited.           -