NAS not detected

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Apr 1 20:28:57 UTC 2014

On 04/01/2014 01:20 PM, Raf Roger issued this missive:
> The samba-client in FW was not allowed :(
> not it works :)
>
> thx for reminding me :)

Glad you got it working. The firewall is always the first thing to check
with network-related problems. It bites us all the time!

You probably should mark this thread "Solved".

> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Rick Stevens <ricks at alldigital.com
> <mailto:ricks at alldigital.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/01/2014 01:04 PM, Raf Roger issued this missive:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         i have a NAS at home and my laptop does not find it when i open
>         : Browse
>         Network
>         laptop (running F20) and NAS (running Ubuntu 10 server) are both
>         in the
>         same network.
>
>         So where could be the problem ?
>

>     Several things are possible. Some are:
>
>     1. You have a firewall blocking the NAS device (on either the server or
>     client or both). This is probably most likely.
>
>     2. You don't have CIFS browsing enabled (ignore if you're not using
>     CIFS).
>
>     3. You don't have the avahi system set up or enabled (Bonjour or
>     Rendezvous).
-       Blessed are the peacekeepers...for they shall be shot at     -
-                 from both sides. --A.M. Greeley                    -