Good tutorial on setting up a grid/cluster using fedora

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Wed Apr 2 21:37:54 UTC 2014

On 02/04/14 05:34 PM, Bill Oliver wrote:
> Oh well, as I said, I remember back in the day trying to build a Beowulf
> cluster and deciding that it just wasn't worth the effort.  I was hoping
> that new tools were around to make it easier, with all the new advances
> in cloud and virtualization, but no such luck, it seems.

"Cloud" is a pretty specific tech that doesn't really tie into
clustering, per-se. It's more of a tech for rapidly
provisioning/deleting/modifying servers (setting aside other 'cloud'
techs like remote storage).

Clustering is either about making virtual machines more available (HA
clustering) or making a given task faster (maximizing resources of many
hardware nodes). Neither of which really overlap much with 'cloud',
though in the virtualization space, some technology is shared.

--
Digimer
access to education?