in regard to my system fans picking up speed

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 4 14:22:46 UTC 2014

On 04/04/14 07:18, Andras Simon wrote:

>> having several firefox tabs open is not as bad as having several
>> firefox windows open. conditions of which you do not mention.
>>
>> when firefox gets over 30% of memory, best thing to do is to
>> totally close firefox, watch "top" for it to clear out of memory
>> and start it again.
>>
>> if you have tabs open that you wish to reopen, right click on a
>> tab and select "Bookmark All Tabs...".
>
> Edit -> Preferences -> General -> When Firefox starts: Show my windows
> and tabs from last time.

which is all well and good if one desires to restart with last used
tabs all the time.

as for myself, i seldom wish to do so.

> I think it's more practical than bookmarking all tabs if you just
 > want to quickly quit and restart.

as above, not everyone wants to restart with previous tabs.

besides, "Bookmark All Tabs..." does give one ability to build
bookmarks for when one wishes to reopen them. plus, makes them
available if one desires to send bookmarks to someone else.

anyway, it is a moot point and another apples and oranges.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.

.