in regard to my system fans picking up speed

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 5 10:12:03 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-04-05 at 01:35 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
> I honestly dont understand the whole point of tagging in firefox...
> Well I dont know how to use the tagging feature, I have never used
> it...

Tagging allows you to categorise your links, so you might tag news links
as news, finance links as finance, computer help links as help, etc.
You can make your own tags, or use prepared ones that it already has.

> What do you do tag something then type it in the address bar and hit
> enter and it will load that bookmark?

Generally, I've found that you can type keywords into the address bar,
and Firefox will start suggesting pages based upon website addresses,
page titles, keywords, etc., that it finds from your bookmarks and
recent history.

Thanks to the last one (it finding things in your history), I tend to
not bother bookmarking things I'm only vaguely interested in.  If I need
to revisit something in a couple of days time, or longer, Firefox can
find it for me.

Failing it finding something useful in your history, browsers like to
offer you suggestions made by external search engines, in the address
bar.  Sometimes it's useful, occasionally it's unintentionally funny,
and sometimes completely the wrong suggestion.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.