honestly, what in the name of mutt is so slow about fedora rawhide?

Ted Roche tedroche at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 12:02:29 UTC 2014

On 04/04/2014 05:16 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   following up on my recent posts about how painfully, excruciatingly,
> nad-grindingly, thigh-suckingly slow firefox is on fedora rawhide,
> well, nothing's changed.

Apologies if asking you to repeat yourself, but I don't see the previous
messages on this.

What have you tried? What do you see?

The internet is full of "Firefox is slow, and here's what to do"
postings. Over the years, I've run safe mode (see the man page), started
the Profile Manager (see the man page) and started with a clean profile,
enabled/disabled syncing, disabled all plugins, and disabled Flash, all
in attempts to fix a performance issue. All of which, in various
combinations, resulted in partial, temporary victories.

So, let us know what you've tried, so we can avoid repeating the internet.

Happily running F19 and FireFox 28.0,

Ted

--
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC  "Works fine on my machine"  http://www.tedroche.com/