CPU / GPU fan control

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 5 14:57:53 UTC 2014

On 04/05/14 17:12, Rafnews wrote:
> to answer to your question:
>
> the ASUS G73SW has 2 airflow entrance, 2 FANs, nothing around till 1
> meter and air of the room is ambiant so 20-21 degrees C max.
> in the same environment Windows 7 on the same hardware perform 40%
> slower but much more silent :D

there you go again with your top posting when asked not to.

are you really that hard headed and stubborn that you can not
consent to do as asked? or do you not care about post that do
not answer your request to you desires?

anyway, seems your laptop is not working as bragged by;

    http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G73SW/

caption "always cool" and adjoining pix show 1 airflow entrance
and 2 exhausts. you state your laptop has "2 airflow entrance".
do you have a different model than shown at above link?

stating that ambient [note correct spelling] is 20-21 °C is
interesting to know. more important, what is °C exiting each of
the 2 exhaust ports? that is, presuming that you have 2 exhausts
as show in pix at above link.

being that you reveled a key indicator, your using oos 7 and
tooting about how great it is, it tells me that you have most
likely not done any research on you own. oos users find it
easier to just ask and not bother to search on their own.

so, a quick search with ixquick.com for;

   "fan speed" host:fedoraproject.org

gives 44 hits;

https://ixquick.com/do/search?q=%22fan+speed%22+host%3Afedoraproject.org&lui=english

among which, more relevant are 1st 2. next 3 you need look at also.

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/8141/what-is-the-best-way-to-run-fancontrol-all-the-time/

   https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/answers/32187/revisions/

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/31514/how-to-change-cpu-temperature-thresholds-and-control-fan-speed/

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/25197/fan-on-my-laptop-runs-all-the-time-at-maximum-speed/

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/9478/how-do-i-install-lm_sensors-to-check-cpu-temperature-and-fan-speeds/

in closing, excuse my satire. i woke up in a bad mood and it
has not left yet. ;-)

--

peace out.

tc.hago.