F20 Where's my system mail?

Arthur Dent misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 21:22:15 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I have read this page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NoDefaultSendmail

Having upgraded to F20 the new lack of an MTA caused me no end of
trouble with my fetchmail->procmail->dovecot setup, but I think I have
got that sorted now. I had a brief flirtation with postfix, but gave
that up as a bad job when it started bouncing all my mail.

In truth I am quite happy not to have an MTA and risk accidentally
spamming the interweb, but I now find I am lacking one thing...

My system mail (and output from my user cron jobs) used to find it's way
into procmail from which I could direct it into mailboxes to be read at
my leisure.

Without a functioning MTA how can I now achieve the same result?
Although I can ssh into the box, and I do often check logs etc, it is
reassuring to know when something has happened I would get an email, and
the regular output in email-form from logwatch was something I would
check every day.

Can I get this functionality back without the pain of configuring
postfix or (shudder) sendmail? If so how?

Thanks in advance.

Mark