emacs extremely slow to start on fresh f20 install

patrick korsnick korsnick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 23:08:10 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I did a fresh F20 x64 install today and yum updated it immediately
afterwards. When I yum installed emacs and tried to start it up I noticed
it's taking much longer than usual.  Is anyone else experiencing this
behavior? I've never had this problem before on this box... it's an E5 Xeon
machine with 16GB of RAM and it's starting emacs slower than my
sparcstation 10 did back in the early 90s!

Not sure if this is related, but when I went to remove and re-install it I
noticed koji in one of the repos:

emacs                            x86_64 1:24.3-13.fc20      @fedora
                       14 M
emacs-common                     x86_64 1:24.3-13.fc20      @fedora
                       69 M
emacs-filesystem                 noarch 1:24.3-13.fc20
 @koji-override-0/$releasever          0.0

Thanks for any input!