emacs extremely slow to start on fresh f20 install

patrick korsnick korsnick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 23:36:39 UTC 2014

Thanks for the feedback Tom. Yeah I tried it with and without .emacs and it
was slow either way. Just as a test I booted into a 32 bit f20 install on
the same machine/hard drive and yum updated it and everything worked fine--
nice and fast. The 64 bit install was configured exactly the same way as
the 32 bit version with regard to installed packages, NFS mounts, Selinux
disabled, etc, so I'm really at a loss as to what's going on.

Maybe I'll see if I can find something like truss on linux to see what's
going on behind the scenes.

Cheers