Serious OpenSSL vulnerability

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Thu Apr 10 19:56:10 UTC 2014

Once upon a time, Dan Thurman <dant at cdkkt.com> said:
> So I was unable to rpm -Uvh *.rpm/yum localinstall *.rpm  because
> yum/rpm detected no difference.  Perhaps I need to change the SPEC
> file to a different version, say from 1:1.0.1e-37.fc18 to 1:1.0.1e-38.fc18?
> If so, where do I change the version from 37 ->38?

Yes, any new build should always have a new version.  There should be a
"Version:" line near the top, probably set to something like
"37%{?dist}".  I'd probably go with "37%{?dist}.0.1" myself (probably
not an issue in this case since there's unlikely to ever be another
update you'd load).

If you want to make it "nice" (in the small chance anybody else ever had
to touch the system), you could also look for the "%changelog" section
and add a note there about your change.

Sorry about the --nodeps mini-rant, that's just a thing I hate to see
anybody ever suggest on a mailing list.
--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>