Frustrating upgraded behaviour

Ambrogio De Lorenzo ogio.spam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 20:16:57 UTC 2014

Hi Joe

Il giorno gio, 10/04/2014 alle 11.22 -0700, Joe Zeff ha scritto:

> I'm not positive, but I don't think that the two situations are
> connected.  Unless you're trying to open files on another machine,
> LibreOffice shouldn't be doing anything with your NIC, and even then, it
> doesn't need to know (or at least, I don't think it needs to know) what
> the interface is called.  Remember, just because the two problems seem
> to be tied to the newest kernel doesn't mean that there's any other
> connection between them.  Yes, I know that you haven't said that there
> is a connection, but I didn't want you going down that dead end if you
> don't need to.

You are right. There isn't a relation between the 2 problems.
I had the same with LibreOffice on the new Kernel, so it should be
related to the last upgrade of LibreOffice.

I had only problems with LibreOffice when I had some FS mounted by
network (NFS or CIFS) saving files. In this case the GUI was very slow
in displaying the save button.

But this is not the case. The hang happens everytime I start the
programs, without errors (even if I start it by command line).

Bye
 Ambrogio