SSH Login timeout

Aero Maxx aero.maxx.d at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 09:42:46 UTC 2014

On 14/04/2014 18:35, Mike Wright wrote:
> 04/14/2014 09:24 AM, Aero Maxx wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have been having some internet issues at home today, and as a result I
>> have been unable to login to a fedora machine on my local network from a
>> windows 7 machine also on the local network.
>>
>> I believe it must have something to do with trying to resolve the ip of
>> the local machine trying to connect to a hostname which it is having
>> problems in doing so due to lack of internet.
>>
>> Is there anything I am able to do to solve this issue when there is no
>> internet connection available ?
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Have you tried to ssh into the fedora machine by using its IP?

Hi Mike,

Yes I only use the IP to login, when internet access is available i get
the prompt for my username, and then fairly quickly it asks for the
password.

When no internet access is available it asks for my username, and then
hangs until it times out, and never asks for my password.

Thanks,
Daniel.