F20 Where's my system mail? SOLVED (I Hope)

Arthur Dent misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 08:31:09 UTC 2014

Hello all, With what (I hope) will be my final update on this issue.

This machine is a simple home server. It runs headless and is on 24/7. I
an in the habit running yum update once per month and only then
rebooting (and only then because the yum update usually brings down a
new kernel). I long ago left the Windows world where a reboot was
required for - well everything really. Since this is a new install
however I had rebooted a few more times than normal, but the last one
was a few days ago.

Last night (more in desperation than anything else) I rebooted.

Today - Cron emails!

I am very sorry for wasting everyone's time. I have no idea what the
problem was or why a reboot solved it - some environment variable
perhaps?

Anyway I am now a happy bunny and, as always, grateful for the friendly
and helpful support given here.

Thanks again.

Mark