Need advice

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Apr 17 23:41:15 UTC 2014

On 04/17/2014 06:29 PM, Digimer wrote:
> On 17/04/14 09:59 AM, Steve Searle wrote:
>> Around 02:53pm on Thursday, April 17, 2014 (UK time), Tim wrote:
>>
>>> Allegedly, on or about 17 April 2014, Roger sent:

>> I would think the lack of any security updates would be a more serious
>> problem than this.

ACK. Not upgrading Fedora in time would be grossly negligent, IMHO.

> Also, a lot of Fedora packages make it into EPEL, which can be installed
> on CentOS/RHEL.
If you have a closer look at EPEL, you'll notice that many packages are
stuck without bug/security fixes , because the foundation underneath
(RHEL/CentOS) is too outdated and out of control of EPEL package
maintainers.

It's one reason for me to favor Fedora over CentOS+EPEL.

Ralf