Fedora 20 freezes at the login screen. System Temperature over limit.

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sun Apr 20 22:24:11 UTC 2014

On 04/21/14 00:13, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> I booted into runlevel 3 and saw system being flooded with nouveau
> errors. Here is a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/qET8Zxrl.jpg
>
> nouveau W[ PFIFO][1000 and more numbers.
>
> I can boot fine with any kernel with nomodeset.
> I can boot fine with any kernel with Nvidia Card disabled in bios.
> Nouveau floods all three upgraded kernels 3.13.8/9/10.

Sounds like a nouveau bugzilla time...

Maybe similar to what Aleksandar Kostadinov is seeing.

It would seem actually booting to runlevel 3 revealed something.

Of course you always have the option of switching to the nVidia drivers from rpmfusion.  I'm sure that you've thought of that already....

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts