Problem with sound and Firefox

Vikram Goyal vikigoyal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 05:25:07 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 04:31:29PM -0700, don fisher wrote:
> When I boot my system I can play music etc. using Rhythmnbox. I also
> can use the volume control. After running Firefox, the pulse
> application is gone (pulseaudio --check returns a 1) and I am not
> able to restart it. But the audio from firefox which must not be
> using pulse still works fine. Sorry, but I am forced to run an old
> version of the kernel (version 3.1.0-7.fc16.x86_64) to get video to
> work in my Dell 1721 laptop with a Radeon video card.

I also have a radeon card for which there is no proprietary driver
support now. When I switched to FC 20 I got a horrible resolution of
800x600 or maybe lower than that. If that is the issue you are facing
then let me know, I might be able to help you out.

--
vikram...
--
<lilo> "PLEASE RESPECT INTELLECTUAL RIGHTS!"
<lilo> "Please demonstrate intellect." ;)