Coding Practice [was Re: Serious OpenSSL vulnerability]

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 03:26:21 UTC 2014

Hi

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> The cost of a "managed language" is that it affects performance.

Not necessarily but even in that case, it might have better to trade off
some speed for better security in such cases.  We are talking about
millions and millions of affected users who had to go ahead and change
passwords for many many things they rely on and I have yet to finish doing
it.  Firewalls can affect network performance as well yet few would use
that as a reason not to use them.

Rahul