Flashplugin for Chrome ??

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Apr 26 22:18:34 UTC 2014

On 04/27/14 05:57, Steven Stern wrote:
> On 04/26/2014 04:41 PM, Mickey wrote:
>> Fedora-20 / Chrome-34.0.1847.132/ FlashPlayer-11.2.202.350
>>
>> How do I get FlashPlayer working in Chrome,  I went into settings and
>> imported Firefox setting,bookmarks,etc, Firefox is working fine with
>> Flashplayer.
>>

> As far as I can tell, flash player isn't required for Chrome.  I removed
> flash-plugin-11.2.202.350-release.x86_64 and went to Adobe's site. The
> test for shockwave player fails
> (http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/) but the test for flash itself
> works (https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/), saying "You have
> version 13,0,0,206 installed."
>
> According to Adobe, Chrome for Linux has flash built in:
> http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-google-chrome.html
>
> $ rpm -qa |grep chrome
> google-chrome-stable-34.0.1847.132-1.x86_64

You are correct.  Chrome has a flashplayer builtin.  If one uses chrome://plugins as the URL and has the Adobe plugin installed, as I do, they would see something like this.

Adobe Flash Player (2 files) - Version: 11.2 r202
Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
Name:    Shockwave Flash
Version:    13.0.0.206
Location:    /opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so
Type:    PPAPI (out-of-process)
      Enable
MIME types:
MIME type    Description    File extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash    Shockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplash    FutureSplash Player
.spl

Name:    Shockwave Flash
Version:    11.2 r202
Location:    /usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
Type:    NPAPI
      Disable
MIME types:
MIME type    Description    File extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash    Shockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplash    FutureSplash Player
.spl

Note that I have the builtin player (libpepflashplayer.so) disabled at the moment since there is a problem when using that with mlb.com live games.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts